Inn by the Sea
40 Bowery Beach Road
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
1-800-888-4287 outside Maine
DIRECTIONS TO INN BY THE SEA
From the Maine Turnpike (North and South)
- Take exit #45 – South Portland. After the tollbooth, continue along the access road to the end.
- Turn right at the light onto Route 1 (south).
- At the second set of lights turn left onto Pleasant Hill Rd.
- Follow Pleasant Hill Rd. to the end
- At the stop sign, turn left. This is Route 77 (north).
- 3.5 miles on the right is The Inn By The Sea.
From the Portland Jetport
- Follow one‑way loop around Terminal to Stop sign & turn right to exit terminal.
- At Traffic Light turn Left (Western Ave/Route 9)
- Go straight to US Route 1 and Turn Right on to US Route 1 South (This will be at your 7th traffic light).
- Follow Route 1 (South) for approx. 1 mile to Pleasant Hill Road. (This will be at your 3rd Traffic light)
- Take left onto Pleasant Hill Road and follow to end (approx. 4 miles).
- At the end of Pleasant Hill Road Turn left onto Route 77 (North).
- Follow Route 77 (North) for approx. 3.5 miles. Inn By The Sea will be on your right.
From the North Via 295
- Take EXIT 2 off I-295
- Take FIRST exit, Main Street Route 1
- Proceed to Light
- Turn RIGHT on Route 1 – Main Street
- Stay on Route 1 – Main Street for .7miles (IN LEFT HAND LANE)
- Turn LEFT on Pleasant Hill Road (after Volvo dealership) continuing to the end for approximately 3.3 miles.
- Turn LEFT on Route 77 (North) at the end of Pleasant Hill Road
- Follow Route 77 (North) for approximately 3.5 miles. The Inn by the Sea will be on your right.
- Follow Commercial Street (runs parallel along Portland Harbor) West under the Casco Bay Bridge.
- After going under the bridge, turn right onto Beach Street and follow over the Casco Bay Bridge.
- Follow Rte 77 over the Casco Bay Bridge and through two sets of lights. Turn right to follow Rte 77 at the next set of lights.
- Follow Rte 77, which begins as Ocean Street and turns into Bowery Beach Road, approximately 5 miles. Inn by the Sea will be on your left.
|Portland, Maine||7 miles|| |
|Bangor, Maine||107 miles|| |
|Boston, Massachusetts||110 miles|| |
|Manchester, New Hampshire||78 miles|| |
|New York City||320 miles|| |
|Washington DC||530 miles|| |
|Hartford, Connecticut||182 miles|| |
|Montreal||268 miles|| |
|Quebec City||278 miles|| |
|AmTrak service from Boston, New York and Washington DC|