Get Your Beauty on this Fall!
October 25, 2017
Get your beauty on this fall!
Autumn in Maine is beautiful. It’s also a time of transition with shorter days, cooler weather and drier air. As the temperature dips, it’s time to get your beauty on with fresh air, lots of moisturizer and a healthy daily routine. Correct the toll of summer sun with a visit to SPA, or try these 6 simple autumn routines to rejuvenate and be ready for the holidays!
- Exfoliate: Skin may feel dry and flaky after summer. Remove dry skin cells with an oil based scrub and leave skin looking fresh and healthy.
- Moisturize: Dryer, cooler air plays havoc with skin, lips and hands. Develop a daily routine for moisturizing- switch from drying soaps to body wash, moisturize right after showering, and keep hand cream and lip gloss in your purse or pocket.
- Switch it up: Leave the light summer lotions for next year and switch to thicker, nourishing creams that provide both hydration and prevent water loss from outer layers of skin.
- Don’t forget the Sunscreen: Sun damage happens all year so, if you go outside, apply a daily layer of your favorite SPF.
- Exercise Outdoors: Get off that treadmill and hit the beach! It’s a glorious time to run or walk outside. The fresh air and exercise will give you an energy boost, tone your body, rev up circulation- and foliage will elevate your mood!
- Reboot: Feeling and looking great also means thinking about what you eat, getting enough sleep, taking time out to relax and staying healthy. Get into great shape before holiday indulgences by eating healthy and limiting alcohol. An apple a day is high in fiber and Vitamin C and a great source of antioxidants which boosts collagen and helps firm skin. We love fall, but it’s also the start of cold and flu season- a small hand sanitizer in your purse or pocket can help keep you healthy.
Bobbie Arsenault is SPA Director at SPA at Inn by the Sea, 40 Bowery Beach Rd, Cape Elizabeth, open to the public daily. Reservations call 207 799 3134. www.innbythesea.com